Tuesday 9 April 2013

Exorcism of Emily Rose: Anneliese Michel


The exorcism of Emily Rose: This film which was believed to be based on the true story of Anneliese Michel. Despite the fact that she was a devout Catholic, she was said to be possessed by demons. Science couldn’t heal her so her family turned to an exorcist for help. I won’t elaborate much about her nor how she died since details are very much available in just a search away.
I am a Catholic myself and so as my family. I, too, am God-fearing and this is my means of expressing it. And I would like to share how this movie became enlightenment for me. I earnestly think everybody should. Since nowadays, most of us have neglected the fact of that there is war for our souls and the fact that we’ve taken God for granted. 
 “People say that God is dead, but how can they think that if I show them the Devil?” (From the letter of Emily Rose to Fr. Moore)
What she was trying to imply is that if there is evil then there surely is God. Consciously or subconsciously we should be aware that God is always with us to protect us from evil. Ignorance of the Lord could lead to iniquity. Indeed, wickedness lurks in the world we live in, yet we shouldn’t fear what may come to pass. Know that the Lord dwells within all of us. The Lord, our Father, loves us, His children, perfectly and equally. It is in us to open our hearts to Him so he may bless us with His unconditional love.  We may make mistakes against His will, for we’re not perfect, yet He still provide the same Sun to warm us, the air we breathe, simply said the life we have. And what do we have to offer? WE ACKNOWLEDGE HIS GREATNESS. We are just sinners, saved only by His grace.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, for whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life...” John 3:16
People who would get bored to this entry are the people whose thoughts I could care less. For I know where I stand. You might mock me for what I say but it won’t budge me at all. For men won’t be able to bless me but God alone.
” If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for my name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates me hates My Father also.”
It made me trust in the LORD, Jesus Christ more. “Heaven is not blind to our pain”.
“It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not into your own understanding, all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6.”
Tag: John 3:16, Psalm 118:8, Proverbs 3:5-6, Emily Rose letter, The exorcism of Emily Rose, The exorcism of Anneliese Michel, Father Moore,

No comments:

Post a Comment