Wednesday 10 April 2013

Stress reliever


Overcoming Stress
I am at my early twenties, living with my fiancĂ©, and a full-time mother of a toddler and a half. And stress covers more or less 30% part of my life. But I wouldn’t say it’s always my problem. With mild strains, I am able to keep everything intact.  Yet, it’s just unavoidable that there are really complicated times that would test me to the limit. Too much stress affects not just physically but also mentally and socially. That’s when I get too moody, easily irritated, uneasy feeling, nervous or anxious. Then I learned to manage stress before it completely ruins the quality of my life.
Tips:
After a few searches about relieving stress I came up with these few pointers from my experiences.  These are non-expert advice but I have personally proven its effectiveness. One or two may or may not apply to you. It only depends on what you think would best suit your lifestyle. 
  • ·         Laugh
I happen to have a happy temperament. Through the years I have lived, I developed the habit of adding humor to certain situations. I also find it easy to laugh even at corny jest.  That’s why laughter is one of my best medicines.  When times get rough or things just won’t go as you’ve planned, it’s worth a try to have an established custom of “just laugh it all out”. It’s not the same thing as giving up on what you’re thriving to accomplish but it’s just a way of calming yourself.
  • ·         Take a picture
It doesn’t hurt and it isn’t a crime, you know.  Just stop what you’re doing for once in a while, get your camera, pose a smile, and start taking your portrait. It somehow increases self-esteem. You’ve got to love yourself, and learn to embrace the beauty you own. Just don’t exaggerate.
I’m not just referring your own snapshots but you could also take photos of things that caught your attention. Its apart from anything else and fun way to chill from stress.
  • ·         Music & Imagery
After a long hard day’s work, take a chill pill by listening to music. I would recommend pleasant and harmonious sounds to combine it with your imagination. It’s always priceless to dream and it also promotes positive thinking. Euphony could make you calm while your mental imagery could keep you alive.
  • ·         Balance Diet and Rest
Eat and sleep well to be well. Not too much but not too less, just enough to meet your daily diet needs. Also make sure that you fill your stomach according to the food pyramid and at the right time. It keeps you physically and mentally healthy. Following these two combinations keeps you in good condition.
  • ·        Playing Games
It’s better than couching in front of your television. But still you have to put limitations because too much won’t be healthy either.
  • ·         Socialize
We, humans, are social being. When I say “socialize”, it’s not always associated with going out to parties. A simple interaction with a friend or two is already socializing. Being stuck at work or at home all the time could actually stir insanity. If you’ve got something that’s troubling you, let it out by sharing to your significant other/s. sharing may not remove all worries but it could ease things and with someone to talk to, you might just get a few advice that could help you out.
  • ·         Exercise
I don’t do this a lot, but it sure is helpful. It’s not going be an instant remedy but once
you maintain exercising, it reduces uneasy feeling in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment